It is with my great pleasure and honor to announce the “The First International Conference on Combinatorics, Graph Theory and Network Topology” which will be held from 25-26 November 2017 in the University of Jember, East Java, Indonesia. It is the first international conference organised by CGANT Research Group – University of Jember in cooperation with Indonesian Combinatorics Society (INACOBMS). The conference is held to welcome participants from around the world, with broad and diverse research interests of mathematics especially combinatorics. The mission is to become an annual international forum in the future, where, civil society organization and representative, research students, academics and researchers, scholars, scientist, teachers and practitioners from all over the world could meet in and exchange an idea to share and to discuss theoretical and practical knowledge about mathematics in application.
The aim of the first conference is to present and discuss the latest research that contributes to the sharing of new theoretical, methodological and empirical knowledge and a better understanding in the area mathematics, application of mathematics as well as mathematics education.
The detail of themes of this conference are as follows:
- Connection of distance to other graph properties,
- Degree/diameter problem,
- Distance-transitive and distance-regular graphs,
- Metric dimension and related parameters,
- Cages and eccentric graphs,
- Cycles and factors in graphs,
- Large graphs and digraphs,
- Spectral Techniques in graph theory,
- Ramsey numbers,
- Dimensions of graphs,
- Communication networks,
- Coding theory,
- Rainbow connection,
- Graph labelings and coloring,
- Applications of graph theory
The topics are not limited to the above themes but they also include the mathematical application research of interest in general including mathematics education, such as:
- Applied Mathematics & Modelling
- Applied Physics: Mathematical Physics, Biological Physics, Chemistry Physics
- Applied Engineering: Mathematical Engineering, Mechanical engineering, Informatics Engineering, Civil Engineering
- Statistics & Its Application
- Pure Mathematics (Analysis, Algebra & Geometry)
- Mathematics Education
- Literacy of Mathematics
- The Use of ICT Based Media In Mathematics Teaching and Learning
- Technological, Pedagogical, Content Knowledge for Teaching Mathematics
- Students Higher Order Thinking Skill of Mathematics
- Contextual Teaching and Realistic Mathematics
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Approach
- Local Wisdom Based Education: Ethnomathematics
- Showcase of Teaching and Learning of Mathematics
- The 21st Century Skills: The Integration of 4C Skill in Teaching Math
The targeted participants are among research students, academics and researchers, scholars, scientist, teachers and practitioners all around the world of at least 200 papers are expected to be presented in this conference with 70:30 ratio on local and international presenter.
On behalf of the Organising Committee, we motivate you to make this conference unforgettable and valuable event. We are looking forward to seeing you in our green campus of the University of Jember, East Java, Indonesia!
Professor Dafik, M.Sc, Ph.D.
Professor in Combinatorics
Chairman of Organising Committee
CGANT-University of Jember
Phone Number: +6281217760566 (Dafik); +6281358594808 (Slamin); +6282141226069 (I.H. Agustin); e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org